Sunday, May 22, 2011

Monuments To Miners

Just wanted to share some pictures I've taken of monuments to miners in WV.  The first one can be found at Chief Logan State Park. 


They have a museum there with coal mining exhibits.  It's not very large, but it was interesting.  I was there in November of 2010, long before I knew about this class.  It had a variety of things from coal mining stuff to common household items of the time period as well as common business items.  I'll probably go back again soon.  If anyone would like to take a day trip to Logan with me, just let me know and we'll make arrangements.  Even if we need to have a convoy! 

This next picture was taken at the state Capital in August of 2009.  As you can tell, I've always had an interest in the way of life of miners.  I am absolutely LOVING this class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment